Many of us are setting fitness goals for the new year. From writing your goals down to using the best collagen peptides powder, we’re going to give you some of the top tips for success!
When the clock struck midnight and ended 2020, the whole world breathed a collective sigh of relief. Sure, our problems didn’t magically disappear, but there seems to be only one way to go after the kind of year most people had last year. You’ve probably heard a lot of people talking about the “COVID 15” (the extra 15 pounds many of us put on in quarantine). Well, 2021 is your year for reaching your fitness goals and reversing the damage from 2020. Here are five ways to accomplish your fitness goals during the new year.
#1 Apply the Acronym SMART When Setting Your Goals
When you set your goals the right way, you are more likely to stick to and reach them. Here’s an acronym to help you establish better fitness goals in 2021.
- Specific – Mysterious goals like “I want to get in shape and feel better” don’t usually come to fruition. You need to set specific goals like “I want to lose 15 pounds and reduce my cholesterol by 15%”.
- Measurable – You need to be able to see that you are reaching your goals. Taking a particular number of steps per day is a quantifiable goal because you can check your phone, watch, or another fitness tracker to see you reach your goal every day.
- Achievable – If you set a crazy goal that you can’t reach, you will either hurt yourself trying or will give up when you don’t see progress. Achievable goals inspire you to accomplish your objective and then set a new target.
- Relevant – Set goals for your specific health needs. If you want to put on muscle, you need more than just cardio. You will have to set goals related to strength training. The main fitness goal can’t be to reduce your calories. Instead, it should involve taking in the right calories.
- Time – Make sure your goals force you to be active for specific amounts of time. Three hours of exercise in one day of the week is not as effective as six days with 30-minute exercise sessions.
#2 Put Your Goals in Writing
A common motivational quote states, “Goals that are not written down are just wishes.” However, science backs up this statement. In fact, you are 20-40% more likely to reach your goals simply by writing them down on paper in detail. Writing things down is also a memory aid, so if you want to change your diet and exercise, having a written game plan is a must. Don’t neglect to write down obstacles you expect to encounter as you work toward your goal. Then, describe how you plan to combat those obstacles.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
#3 Get a Calendar
If you use a paper calendar, make sure to hang it somewhere you can refer to it easily. Check off your daily goals as you reach them. Mark off weeks and even months as you achieve your step count, complete your daily workout, meet your dietary goals, take your supplements, and so on.
If you have an electronic calendar, set reminder tones, so you don’t go a day or two (or longer) without remembering to look at your objectives. Some calendar or note-taking programs even let you create a checklist so you can take care of your fitness goals in a “to-do list” format.
Tracking your progress is a must so that you can look at the results on paper. This can keep you going if you don’t see the benefits in the mirror right away. How can you track your progress? Here are a few ideas.
- Monthly photos so you can see your body transformation
- Weighing yourself and recording the weight at the beginning of each week (or the average if you weigh yourself daily)
- Checklists that show your daily, weekly, and monthly accomplishments
- Rewards for yourself when you hit goals like 10, 30, 100, or 365 days of sticking to your fitness schedule
- Record the amount of weight or the number of reps for your workouts so you can see your strength and endurance improve
- Record times for runs or distance for walks so you can see your speed or endurance improve
#4 Teamwork Makes the Dreamwork
Add a level of accountability by partnering up with a friend. If others are relying on you for help to reach their fitness goals, you are more likely to push yourself to keep going, even if you aren’t getting the results you hoped for from day one. Ensure you choose a motivated partner so you know they will give you the encouragement you need.
#5 Use the Best Collagen Peptides Powder to Help You Reach Your Goals
To supplement your exercise, diet, and other fitness activities, you will want to use the best collagen peptides powder. This ensures that your body has the protein it needs for healing, muscle building, healthy skin, or other fitness goals. Collagen is also essential for reducing joint pain, so it can help you to keep up with your fitness routine rather than being too sore to keep going.
Where can you find the best collagen peptides powder? Warrior Strong Wellness has the supplements you need to support your health goals in 2021. Our Collagen Peptides & Bone Broth is the perfect superfood protein to help you make 2021 your best year yet. Pick it up in the shop today!
Join WSL365 Academy: “How to Strengthen Your Inner Warrior,
Squash Self-Sabotage, Love Your Body and Live the Life of Your Wellness Dreams”