Ashwagandha is an herb also known as Indian ginseng; its roots have been shown to benefit health in many different ways. It has been used in India as a medicine and general health tonic for thousands of years. It is known as an ‘adaptogen’; meaning it can help your body manage stress. Here are some reasons you should use Ashwagandha herbal supplement:
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
- Regulate your blood sugar: Research suggests that Ashwagandha can help boost insulin secretion and encourage the body to process insulin better. Both of these can help maintain your blood sugar at an optimal level.
- Inhibit cancer cells: Studies have shown that Ashwagandha can help cause ‘planned’ death of cancer cells – known as apoptosis, and also prevent new cells from forming. This is done either by making cancer cells less resistant to apoptosis, or by generating reactive oxygen species, which are harmless to normal cells, but deadly for cancerous cells. Animal studies have shown encouraging results with lung, brain, colon, ovarian and breast cancer.
- Help reduce cortisol levels: Adrenal glands release the hormone cortisol in response to emotional or physical stress, and when your glucose levels fall. But high cortisol levels over an extended period of time can cause weight gain and increase in blood sugar. Pure organic Ashwagandha may help bring down reduce cortisol levels, and stabilize your blood sugar.
- Help relieve stress: This herb has been used for centuries as a relaxant. In recent times, researchers reported that it blocks the stress pathways by regulating chemical signals in the body’s nervous system. They suggested that it could be used as an alternative to the psychoactive drugs currently used to treat anxiety.
- Relive Inflammation: It is believed that this wonder herb may help relieve inflammation by boosting the immune action of natural killer cells. It helps reduce inflammation markers like C reactive protein – which can increase the risk of heart disease. By boosting your immunity, Ashwagandha can help your body fight infection and stay healthy.
- Increase Muscle Mass: Ashwagandha may well be the answer for those who are looking for an alternative body building supplement in place of the synthetic or whey based powders available. One study involving healthy male volunteers showed that the recommended dosage helped them lose fat and gain muscle mass in a period of 30 days.
- Regulate Cholesterol: Animal studies suggest that Ashwagandha may succeed in bringing down LDL and triglyceride levels, and improve heart health. Though human results showed less drastic changes, it is still promising.
Work with Mary 1 on 1 by signing up for her live video conference lifestyle coaching,
or join Warrior Strong Lifestyle 365 for a self-paced online coaching academy.