Whenever you’re under stress, your adrenal glands produce cortisol, to help regulate blood pressure and your cardiovascular system. Adrenal fatigue is brought on when you’re undergoing chronic stress; this is because your adrenal glands cannot produce unlimited cortisol. In a nutshell – your adrenal glands get tired. With no or less cortisol, your blood pressure could skyrocket, and eventually affect your heart. Supplementing your diet with Ashwagandha herbal supplements can help you if you’re experiencing adrenal fatigue.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
- Stress: Loss of employment, death of a loved one, breaking up with a partner, caring for babies or difficult children, and so on, can overwork your adrenals.
- Lack of Sleep: ideally, you need to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every day; unfortunately many people get 6 hours or less. This could be because of long work hours, working two jobs, or anything else. By not sleeping enough, you are not giving your body the time it needs to heal and repair itself.
- Improper Diet: Most people consume way more sugar than can be processed by our body; today’s food also contains less nutrients, and more harmful ingredients like white flour, excess salt, and harmful chemicals – all of which stress the organs like liver, kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Pollutants: the air we breathe is rife with many chemicals and pollutants, as is the water and food we consume. When we ingest many toxins, our body has to work overtime to get rid of them.
- Disease and Trauma: chronic illnesses like diabetes and arthritis can also increase the load of the adrenal glands, causing them to be fatigued.
Though symptoms can differ from individual to individual there are some common symptoms like:
- Difficulty to get up in the morning
- Feeling exhausted every single day
- Inability to manage stressful situations
- Feeling more energetic later in the day
- Craving salty foods and stimulants like caffeine
- Lower immunity
- Dry skin and dark circles under eyes
- Loss of muscle tone
- Numbness in fingers and joint pain
- Weight gain
- Lower back pain
- Lower levels of blood sugar or blood pressure
A lifestyle change, like maintaining optimal weight, regular exercise, getting enough sleep and eating a healthy diet, is crucial. Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng, is also known to help with adrenal fatigue. Now you can have organic Ashwagandha capsules from Warrior Strong Wellness – pure, convenient, and safe. Our supplements contain no synthetic, harmful or filler ingredients, and are free of potential allergens like nuts, soy or dairy.
Work with Mary 1 on 1 by signing up for her live video conference lifestyle coaching,
or join Warrior Strong Lifestyle 365 for a self-paced online coaching academy.