There are many benefits to supplementing with collagen. It helps to fight free radicals in the body. Collagen can also help to repair leaky gut. That makes it good for immune health as well. Plus, you get benefits for your joints, hair, and nails. But one of the benefits that collagen is most prized for is its ability to restore a youthful appearance to the skin.
How does collagen help the skin? What are some of the benefits of using this natural supplement? We’re going to address the most important ways that collagen is related to the health of the largest organ of the body – your skin.
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein, and it is the one that is found most plentifully in the skin. In fact, up to 80% of the skin’s protein is in the form of collagen. Obviously, then, your body produces collagen on its own. So why do you need a supplement? It is because starting at around age 25, the body stops producing the amount of collagen it uses. From that point forward, you build up a collagen debt. When your body is short on collagen, the skin becomes less elastic and moist, and you can end up with wrinkles and fine lines or even cellulite as a result.
Proteins are made from amino acids, and the amino acids that make up collagen are some of the most important ones for your body. For example, proline has cardiovascular benefits. Glycine helps your body produce healthy DNA strands, which is vital in the skin where cells have to reproduce frequently. There is also glutamine, which is necessary for just about every bodily function. And finally, arginine helps with both the immune system and the vascular system.
So where do you get collagen? One of the most common sources is bone broth. This broth is made from the bones of animals. When collagen is cooked, it breaks down into gelatin, but the good news is that gelatin has the same amino acids and proteins, so your body still gets what it needs.
The Benefits of Using Collagen
Now that you know what collagen is, you can understand why it is so important to the skin. Here are a few of the functions that it performs which can lead to more attractive and healthier skin.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
- Locks in moisture – Collagen helps your body to retain its natural moisture. Skin that doesn’t dry out is more likely to hold its form and resist wrinkles and lines.
- Increases elasticity – Elasticity is important when it comes to reducing the effects of aging on the skin. The more elasticity your skin has, the more likely it is to return to its natural shape. Again, this means fewer wrinkles and lines.
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite – When the skin is firm and toned, the appearance of cellulite is reduced. Collagen also helps you to build lean muscle, and that can be beneficial for weight loss, which can play a role in cellulite.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks – Thinner skin can also lead to stretch marks. As collagen restores skin health, these marks may begin to fade gradually as skin gets tighter.
- Less sagging skin – Another sign of aging is when skin sags. The older we get, the more sagging skin we have around the eyes, on the neck, and in other locations. Collagen can help restore a more youthful appearance as the skin sags less.
- Skin repair and renewal – Collagen also helps your body to reproduce cells in a healthy way. That means the new skin cells are not breaking down as fast as they may have been previously. So not only can collagen help reduce the signs of aging, but it can slow down the aging process in the skin.
Since collagen does so much in the body, the effects for the skin are going to relate to how many other parts of the body require collagen. For example, if you are dealing with joint pain due to arthritis or intestinal problems from leaky gut, the collagen will go to work in these areas first. Therefore, the skin results may be a little slower. But don’t let that cause you to shy away from collagen supplementation. Obviously, your body needs it to help those other vital functions.
There are many things that reduce the amount of collagen in the skin over the years. Besides aging, you need a collagen supplement to restore the damage that has been done from external sources like sun damage, smoking, and other collagen enemies. We’ve got just the thing to help get your skin back to where you want it to be.
2 Collagen Products to Help Restore Your Skin Health
Warrior Strong Wellness offers two products to help you restore the elasticity and moisture of your skin. Collagen Bone Broth Protein powder provides a natural and potent source of this vital protein. Pure Hydrolyzed Multi-Collagen Protein Powder is another pure and potent blend that focuses on restoring energy and reducing pain in the body.
Remember that when you shop with Warrior Strong Wellness, you are doing more than getting great-looking skin. You are also helping children in the fight against cancer, as we give part of our proceeds to childhood cancer research. So get ready to look and feel your best, and give back to the community at the same time, with collagen supplements from Warrior Strong Wellness.