Many of us have had those days – we forget our chores, our meetings/appointments, can’t seem to remember our neighbor’s name… sound familiar? That is what we refer to as brain fog. These are the symptoms:
- Disorientation and mental confusion
- Exhaustion and weakness
- Inability to focus
- Difficulty in remembering
- Inability to process new information
- Wandering thoughts
- Feeling unmotivated and listless
- To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
This situation could be caused by:
- Chronic Stress that hikes your BP, and makes you feel exhausted or depressed, irritable, forgetful and unable to process new information
- Lack of Sleep can lead to poor concentration and forgetfulness
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause, and so on, can affect the cognitive function of the brain and lead to irritability and feeling unmotivated
- Diet is often a reason; especially if your diet is deficient in vitamin B12, and you consume foods with MSG, aspartame, synthetic flavors/colors/preservatives; dairy and nuts (especially peanuts) may also contribute to disorientation
- Certain medications can cause drowsiness and exhaustion – especially anti-depressants, anti-histamines, etc.
- Imbalanced Limbic System; this is an area in the brain responsible for emotional well-being, cognitive and executive function. The hypothalamus is the control center and is impacted the most. This imbalance may be caused by an injury or extreme stress.
- Inflammation and Free Radicals in the body can bring about limbic system imbalance and lead to brain fog; this depends on your diet or can be brought about by injury or illness
- Sodium deficiency can cause hallucinations, delusions, forgetfulness and complete disorientation, and is often seen in seniors
- Migraines are severe headaches that last for hours and can hamper the brain’s ability to function properly
- Dehydration can cause you to become delusional and impact the brain’s ability to function properly
How you can Handle it
One of the major reasons for any health problem is usually your diet. It pays to eat healthy. It is best to avoid foods with MSG, artificial coloring, preservatives, and flavors. If you have food allergies, test yourself and identify the allergen, and remove it from your diet. Eat foods rich in anti-oxidants as they fight inflammation causing free radicals. Include plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and eat home cooked food as often as possible. Avoid smoking altogether, and limit alcohol intake. We also recommend you take Pure Organic Ashwagandha that augment brain function.
This all-natural supplement from Warrior Strong Wellness is a great nutritional supplement packed with vitamins and minerals that help improve the brain’s cognitive functions and help you deal with brain fog and stress, reduce anxiety, and improve your mood.