Are you struggling with skin sagging? Discover the secrets to tightening loose skin and restoring a youthful glow here at Warrior Strong Wellness.
Did you know that sagging skin isn’t limited to aging women? While it’s common to associate sagging skin with the effects of old age, it actually happens for various reasons, ranging from excessive exposure to the sun to a rare illness called granulomatous slack skin.
This blog lists all the possible reasons behind skin sagging skin and identifies whether it’s possible to reverse it with remedies like taking the best collagen supplement for sagging skin.
A Closer Look at Sagging Skin
High school biology taught us that the skin is the largest organ of the body. That’s because it covers an average of 20 square feet. So naturally, when something goes wrong with it, you will notice it right away. And that can make you feel anxious and affect how you project yourself when you dress up or go out.
One example of these problems is skin sagging, a common complaint among women from various age groups. It mostly happens because of collagen loss and the thinning of the epidermal layer of the skin, which studies attribute to the following factors:
- Prolonged UV light exposure
- Smoking or alcohol intake
- Poor hygiene
- Lack of skin hydration and moisturization
- Using excessive or harsh skincare products
- Lack of nourishment
While the skin’s elasticity typically changes by the time you reach 30, signs of premature skin aging can appear as early as the mid-20s. So it would be best to start caring for your skin as early as you can.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below.
What Causes the Skin to Lose Its Natural Tightness?
Besides the natural aging process, you can potentially lose your skin’s tightness and supple glow because of other reasons. Some examples include the following:
- Rapid BMI changes – Many women who lose a couple of pounds because of their workout routine at the gym or a previous bariatric surgery procedure notice skin hanging on some parts of their body.
- Childbirth – Carrying twins or triplets can stretch the abdominal skin to a full extent. So naturally, after childbirth, the size of the uterus decreases, and the skin reverts to its original form. Notably, the process doesn’t happen overnight, so you should expect to see loose skin in the abdominal area for a while.
- Granulomatous Slack Skin – While slack skin disease primarily affects males, it can certainly develop in women. Doctors explain that this condition can cause slow yet progressive skin sagging in body parts that often get flexed, such as the groin and armpits.
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome – The Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is an extremely rare skin problem that affects 1 out of 5000 people or about 00.2 percent of the global population. While it mainly affects connective tissues like the cartilages, bones, and the blood, studies found that it can impact collagen production.
Is Skin Sagging Reversible?
There are many factors used to determine if it’s still possible to reverse skin sagging. One example is the years of exposure to the sun’s rays. A study notes that 80 percent of skin aging problems such as skin sagging happen because of excessive UV exposure. This is because the UV lights break down collagen and elastin, two critical ingredients needed to maintain skin firmness and elasticity.
It would be best to manage these factors to protect your skin from damage. Also, it would help you ensure that the remedies you use to restore your skin’s firmness can work their magic. Some examples of techniques used to tighten loose skin and prevent skin sagging include the following:
- Exercise – Resistance training, pilates, and facial exercises make an excellent addition to your weekly workout routine. That’s because they increase muscle mass, strengthen your core muscles, and improve the quality of your skin.
- Topical treatment – Topical treatments like retinol serum and collagen creams or lotions help minimize the impact of age-related skin damage.
- Supplements – Taking the best collagen supplement for sagging skin also comes in handy in keeping your skin in excellent condition. You can also invest in anti-aging food supplements that contain vitamin A and C, zinc, and Coenzyme Q10.
- Lifestyle adjustments – You should minimize or avoid smoking or drinking too much alcohol as much as possible. Both unhealthy habits can significantly affect your skin’s elasticity and overall quality. It would also help to sleep at least 8 hours a day to boost cell regeneration and repair.
- Surgical or non-surgical intervention – Sometimes, it’s no longer possible to restore skin elasticity through the abovementioned remedies. In this case, you might need to consult with a dermatologist to know what surgical or non-surgical techniques you can pursue.
Get the Best Collagen Supplement for Sagging Skin
Love the tips and insights we shared? That’s great! We hope that you put them into use so you can ensure that your skin looks great even after you shed off excess pounds, deliver a baby or suffer from a skin illness.
We also strongly recommend investing in your skin health as early as possible. Earlier, we talked about the value of taking the best collagen supplement for sagging skin and how it can safeguard your skin from damage.
Collagen-rich supplements like the Pure Hydrolyzed Multi Collagen Protein Powder contain a well-balanced blend of nutrients and minerals. These can also help you boost the natural production of collagen in your body so you can help your skin regain some of its natural flexibility and firmness.
Besides the best collagen supplement for sagging skin, you can also benefit from the Organic Superfood Greens Powder. It’s the perfect mix of health-boosting greens like kale, spirulina, broccoli, and dandelion greens.
Want to take advantage of the Multi Collagen Protein Powder and the Organic Superfood Greens Powder? Grab the best collagen supplement bundle for sagging skin here at Warrior Strong Wellness.
Join WSL365 Academy: "How to Strengthen Your Inner Warrior, Squash Self-Sabotage, Love Your Body and Live the Life of Your Wellness Dreams"