Menopause and its predecessor, perimenopause, are often accompanied by significant changes in the female body. We’re going to take a closer look at some of the early indicators of perimenopause and how menopause can have physical and mental effects. Then we will consider some supplements that may be able to help navigate this change in life. For example, we will look at ashwagandha benefits for women as well as the importance of a multi-collagen supplement.
What Is Perimenopause? The Early Symptoms
Perimenopause is the name for a woman’s transition into menopause. While the average length of time a woman experiences perimenopause is about four years, the symptoms can last anywhere from a few months up to a decade. When a woman has gone a full year without her period, perimenopause is over. For most women, perimenopause begins sometime in her 40s. However, it can start in a woman’s 30s on occasion. What are some of the indications that reveal a woman is approaching her change in life?
- Hot flashes – The frequency with which these hot flashes occur varies from person to person. They could be a few times per hour or just once or twice per week. The flashes will usually last between half a minute and 10 minutes in duration.
- Irregular periods – This is one of the symptoms most women notice first. Your periods may be longer or shorter in duration. You may also have a lighter or heavier period than usual.
- Worse premenstrual syndrome
- Breast tenderness
- Lower sex drive – While some women experience a diminished sex drive before and during menopause, you may also feel freer after menopause. Just remember that while you can no longer get pregnant after menopause, you can still contract an STD if you don’t use protection.
- Mood swings – You may feel more irritable around menopause.
- Trouble sleeping – You may find it difficult to fall asleep, wake up too early, or find it difficult to sleep through the night.
- Vaginal dryness – This can result in intercourse becoming painful.
- Urinary urgency or leakage – A sneeze, cough, or laugh may result in a loss of bladder control.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
What Is Menopause?
While the ovaries produce less estrogen during perimenopause, the amount declines even faster during menopause. That can cause many of the symptoms noted above to grow worse. When the ovaries cease to release eggs, perimenopause is over, and menopause has begun. Besides a worsening of the symptoms noted above, you may also experience:
- Joint and muscle pain
- Rapid heartbeat
Symptoms vary from person to person, so you may experience all or just a few of the indicators we have mentioned. Also, there are certain conditions you have to watch out for that become more common following menopause. These can include things such as osteoporosis, heart disease, bladder control issues, vision problems (like cataracts), increased wrinkling of the skin, and an increased risk for Alzheimer’s. This is when it makes sense to start supplementing so that you can do everything in your power to keep these conditions at bay. Here are some of the supplements that can help.
Multi-Collagen Supplements and Menopause
Collagen may be just what you need while going through menopause and after. How can this protein benefit you? First of all, it’s the most common protein in the body, so clearly you need it. Second, it’s the protein that the body uses to repair the skin, joints, and organs. That means you need it for heart health, to fight joint pain, and to resist the formation of wrinkles.
Clearly, collagen is an essential supplement for women going through the change of life. How does Warrior Strong Wellness supply what you need? Here are two powerful collagen supplements:
- Pure Hydrolyzed Multi-Collagen Protein Powder – A multi-collagen supplement gets you all of the different collagen types you need for healthy skin, joints, and organs. Besides the anti-aging effects, our multi-collagen supplement also supports immune system health and can help with leaky gut.
- Collagen Bone Broth Protein Powder – Bone broth provides the right kind of collagen to have amazing healing effects on the digestive tract. Our collagen peptides create a superfood that can also benefit your skin and joints.
Are there any other supplements that can benefit women going through menopause?
Ashwagandha Benefits for Women
Ashwagandha is another powerful supplement that can help during menopause. This herb has been shown to help reduce stress hormones when taken regularly. It can help with stress, anxiety, grief, and other strong emotions. It also has benefits for the adrenals and thyroid. How can Warrior Strong Wellness help you to get all of these ashwagandha benefits for women?
- Pure Organic Ashwagandha Max – Our ashwagandha supplement also has Bioperine to help to assimilate the supplement easily and reap the full benefits. It is pure and organic, so you know you are getting a high-quality dose. It can help with the highs and lows that often accompany menopause and is a popular herb in Ayurvedic medicine.
Contact us today to place your order, and don’t forget that you are also supporting childhood cancer research when you shop with Warrior Strong Wellness.
Join WSL365 Academy: “How to Strengthen Your Inner Warrior,
Squash Self-Sabotage, Love Your Body and Live the Life of Your Wellness Dreams”