The liver is an organ that you cannot live without. Since we only get one, it is crucial to take care of it. You don’t want to find yourself on a long waiting list for a transplant. And even long before the liver requires a replacement, the effects can be awful. We’re going to look at some of the reasons you will want to make your liver a priority when it comes to self-care. Then we will discuss some of the things that you can do to keep your liver healthy, including things like lifestyle changes and trying to find the best collagen peptides powder. Here is the information your liver wants you to know!
What Are Some of the Indicators of Liver Problems?
As we discuss all of the adverse effects a weakened liver can have on the body, you’re going to notice a lot of crossover with the symptoms of varying diseases. Therefore, you may not be able to get a quick diagnosis of liver problems unless your blood work shows a straightforward issue. Consider just some of the many things that can go wrong in the body when your liver is not functioning optimally.
- Neurological symptoms – From headaches to confusion and attention difficulties, there are a wide range of neurological symptoms that may occur if your liver is struggling. Anxiety and depression can both develop or grow worse if your liver is not functioning normally.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms – The liver is linked to digestion, so it should be no surprise that GI tract symptoms are common if something isn’t working right. From gas and bloating to heartburn and constipation, there are many GI symptoms associated with liver issues.
- Hormone symptoms – The hormones can get out of control when the liver is ailing. This can lead to skin breakouts, emotional fluctuations, and general imbalances in your hormone levels. You may even end up with blood sugar problems or weight gain as a result.
- Immune system symptoms – The immune system is responsible when allergies suddenly increase or you are dealing with excessive inflammation. However, the liver may be behind those immune system problems. You may also develop chemical sensitivities.
- Miscellaneous symptoms – Besides the symptoms we noted above, there can be a wide variety of other symptoms as well. These range from pain on the right side of your upper abdomen to fatigue to bad breath. As we mentioned, the list is a vast array, and that can make it tough to know the liver is the problem until things start to get serious.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
What Does Your Liver Do Anyway?
This is a natural question after seeing how much can go wrong in the body when the liver is straining. The fact is that the liver does a whole lot, and that’s why an unhealthy one will let you know something is wrong in a bunch of different ways. Here are just a few of the many things that your amazing liver takes care of on a daily basis.
- Filters toxins out of the body – Everything from drinking alcohol to taking prescription drugs to cleaning with toxic chemicals puts toxins into your body. The liver has to clear it out. It is no wonder that chemical sensitivities can develop if your liver isn’t able to perform this function.
- Turns carbs into usable energy – The liver helps your body to avoid excess sugar in the blood. It takes the extra sugar and stores it so that you can use it later without being poisoned by it now. If this feature isn’t functioning, your blood sugar levels can skyrocket.
- Storage and release of fat-soluble vitamins – Many vitamins and antioxidants are fat-soluble. Those vitamins (A, D, E, K, etc.) all get stored in the liver until your body needs them. An unhealthy liver may not store or release these vitamins properly, leading to many physical and mental symptoms.
- Turns fat into energy – If you are trying to lose weight, you need a healthy liver. It breaks down the fat cells so you can use the energy. You can’t shed those pounds without the help of your liver.
- Produces bile – Your liver’s ability to produce bile has a direct impact on your cholesterol level. If you have cholesterol or blood pressure issues, your liver health may have something to do with it.
How Can You Improve Your Liver Health?
Clearly, liver health is crucial if you are going to live your best life. How can you make sure that your liver is functioning optimally? Here are a few quick tips.
- Avoid “liver detoxes” or “liver cleanses” – First, they are costly (which would be fine if they worked). Second, very few have scientific backing. Most are making empty claims.
- Eat clean – Reduce the amount of toxins going into your body, so your liver has less work to do.
- Exercise regularly – Exercise helps your liver do its job, so it doesn’t have to work as hard.
- Drink lots of water – Water helps flush toxins from the body, again, reducing the workload of the liver.
- Don’t overindulge in alcohol – Too much booze is a quick way to stress the liver and make matters worse in a hurry.
- Reduce the chemicals in your cleaners and personal care products – The fewer toxins in your household cleaners, makeup, deodorant, and the like, the less work your liver has to do.
- Use the right supplements – Look for the best collagen peptides powder, curcumin (derived from turmeric), oregano, fennel, and other herbs that improve liver function.
Remember, if you have a medical condition, consult your doctor before starting a new supplement. For those of you with a relatively healthy liver looking for preventive maintenance, why not start on a collagen peptides powder now since this is the primary protein that makes up the lining of the liver. Warrior Strong Wellness is proud to offer our Collagen Peptides and Bone Broth supplement.
Work with Mary 1 on 1 by signing up for her live video conference lifestyle coaching,
or join Warrior Strong Lifestyle 365 for a self-paced online coaching academy.