One of the biggest fads when it comes to health recommendations on social media is drinking celery juice first thing in the morning. Before you jump on the bandwagon, there are a few things that you should know. Today, we are going to address the following questions:
- Is the celery juice fad safe?
- Should you drink it first thing in the morning?
- Is there scientific research to back up this trend?
- What are the health benefits of celery?
- Is there a better way to get your celery intake than juicing?
- Could you get similar or better benefits from supplements?
Let’s jump right in with the answer to the first question.
Is the Celery Juice Fad Safe?
There isn’t really a whole lot to celery in the first place, so the answer should be yes. The fact is that celery is mostly fiber, which you know if you have ever bitten into a celery stick. The fibers get caught between your teeth. Unfortunately, this benefit is lost when juicing. So while the short answer is yes, it is safe, there may be limited benefits.
Should You Drink It First Thing in the Morning?
The idea behind this trend is that it helps with digestion throughout the day if the first thing you have on an empty stomach in the morning is celery juice. Unfortunately, there has been no research to back this up. People are really just listening to a bunch of Instagram influencers.
Is There Any Scientific Research to Back Up This Trend?
There haven’t been any significant studies used to determine the benefits of celery juice for humans.
That said, existing research may point to some benefits. For example, celery contains antioxidants. While there are many ways to get antioxidants, celery juice would undoubtedly work. Because antioxidants are known to combat free radicals, this may have a preventative effect regarding specific forms of cancer.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
There is also research regarding celery in various forms that shows benefits for blood sugar, weight, blood pressure, inflammation, psoriasis, respiratory problems, and particular diseases. However, much of this research is based on celery seeds and celery leaves and extracts from these components of the plant. There is little research regarding the juice itself.
What Are the Health Benefits of Celery?
Here are some of the materials in celery that are beneficial for humans:
- Fiber – Fiber can help keep you regular and is beneficial for digestion. Just remember that you lose this benefit if you juice the celery.
- Antioxidants – We’ve already mentioned the health benefits of antioxidants. Celery contains several antioxidants, including luteolin and tannin.
- Calcium – Calcium is vital for healthy teeth and bones.
- Potassium – Potassium is vital for your circulatory system, and it is an electrolyte that can help you stay hydrated.
- B Vitamins – B vitamins are necessary for brain function, eyesight, energy levels, and red blood cell growth.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C plays a pivotal role in the growth and repair of all of the soft tissue in the body. It is needed for healthy skin, wound healing, cartilage, and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin K – This is the vitamin that helps your blood to clot when you are injured.
Is There a Better Way to Get Your Celery Intake Than Juicing?
If celery is your favorite flavor, by all means, go on enjoying your juice. It certainly isn’t hurting anything, and you are getting some proper nutrients. However, if you really like celery, try eating it instead of juicing it. You may not be able to get as much down, but at least you are getting all that fiber, which your body needs.
You can get many of the vitamins and other nutrients found in celery through a healthy diet in general. Fiber is more challenging to come by in the typical American diet. So you’re almost better off eating the celery sticks that come with your buffalo wings than juicing celery in the morning.
In the meantime, there may be a better way to get the same health benefits through supplementation.
Could You Get Similar or Better Results from Supplementation?
There may be little research to back up the benefits of having celery juice in the morning, but there is a ton of research regarding the benefits of collagen. What are some of the benefits you can get if you take a collagen supplement every morning?
- It has an anti-aging effect on the skin and a strengthening effect on the hair.
- Collagen reduces joint pain by providing the raw materials your body needs to repair cartilage.
- It can heal leaky gut. This can have a significant effect on overall health because your body can once again absorb nutrients properly and stop toxins from entering the bloodstream.
- Collagen improves metabolism and energy. By boosting your metabolism, collagen can help you to increase muscle mass (along with a healthy exercise schedule) and provide you with energy that lasts throughout the day.
- It can make your nails and teeth stronger.
- Collagen is good for your liver.
- It has cardiovascular benefits, as well.
As you can see, a multi-collagen protein supplement can get you the health benefits that you need, and it has scientific backing. Many articles on this website and others link to research involving real people and the benefits they have received from collagen. So head on over to the Warrior Strong Wellness shop today and get the health benefits you want by choosing a supplement that is more than just a passing fad.