Your twenties skin. Beautiful, smooth, plump and flawless! But as the years go by, skin health sees a dip, leaving you with dry, dull and wrinkled skin! With the start of 30’s, fine lines, loss of volume and pigmentation begin to set in, as a result of lifestyle, stress, hormonal changes, exposure to the sun but the worst of all, lack of a proper diet and skin care regimen.
Common skin problems at 30
Skin problems that you never knew you had, show up as you age. Fine lines and wrinkles become prominent in regions of facial expressions especially between the eyebrows and on the forehead. Your skin begins to lose elasticity due to a decline in firming collagen production, so it isn’t as taut as it used to be in your twenties! In certain cases, people tend to develop ‘adult acne’. These breakouts are more severe than your teenage acne and are often caused by hormonal changes. Other common skin trouble that sets in due to age, is dull skin and pigmentation.
But you must have heard…
“Aging is a fact. Looking your age is not.”- Howard Mo
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
So what can you do about it? Here are a few of my skincare habits that keep my skin looking radiant and youthful-
- Stay committed to your skin with a good skincare routine.
– Start with a gentle cleanser. Cleansing is the first step to your skin routine and it helps remove all the dead skin and grime off your face.
– Do you need a toner? A toner is used to balance the pH of your skin after you use a cleanser with a high pH value. If you your cleanser has a low pH value, don’t bother yourself with a toner.
– Get yourself a good eye cream. The skin around your eyes starts showing the first signs of aging. When you use an eye cream you prevent skin from losing its elasticity around that region and also keep a check on the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
– Pat anti-aging cream/serum over your face, insteading of rubbing it over. Look for anti-aging products with retinol, vitamin A, and vitamin C as they are the best anti-aging ingredients in the market today.
– Moisturize! Even if you’ve got oily skin! The sun, weather and the external pollutants can rob your skin of its natural moisture, leaving it dry and dull. That is why skin experts stress on hydrating the skin to keep it looking youthful and radiant. Remember to smother yourself with a good moisturizer when your skin is damp. It helps your skin lock in and retain sufficient moisture.
– Don’t forget to apply your sunscreen at least 15 minutes before you step outside!
- Beauty sleep isn’t a myth. A good night’s sleep, helps your skin heal itself while soothing your mind and body. Poor sleeping habits can stress your body out and cause acne and dark circles. You need to sleep 7 hours straight, to help your skin repair and rejuvenate. Using pure organic ashwagandha supplements shows significant improvement in sleep quality, thus giving you your much needed beauty sleep!
- Follow a nutritious diet. A healthy diet equals beautiful you, inside and out. Fatty fish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and vitamin E that keep your skin moisturized and reduce inflammation. Avocados too, provide you with adequate amounts of vitamin C and vitamin E. Veggies such as Broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes (Yep, a fruit mistaken for a veggie! ), sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotenes and vitamins that are necessary to create collagen, prevent skin damage and wrinkle formation. Moreover, you require adequate proteins to create collagen that keeps the structure of your skin intact. I use a collagen protein supplement to fill in the nutritional gaps alongside my regular diet.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water as it keeps your skin moisturized and delivers essential nutrients that help replenish it. This in turn delay the signs of aging and fine lines.