Not sure what health-boosting ingredients you need? Check our list, including bone broth protein with collagen peptides, oils, and more.
The food items we eat have a massive impact on our health. They contain the essential nutrients and minerals needed to power all kinds of body functions like repairing damaged tissues, producing new cells, and flexing the muscles, bones, and joints. So the question is, are you getting enough nourishment for your body? If not, our top 8 health-boosting ingredients you must have in your pantry might come in handy. Check out some exciting products such as herbs and spices, seeds, and bone broth protein with collagen peptides.
#1. Colorful vegetables and fruits
Veggies and fruits with vibrant colors like berries, lemon, kiwi, and kale contain many antioxidative ingredients, vitamins, and minerals. The best part about colorful veggies and fruits is that they have a small number of calories, making them an excellent guilt-free addition to your everyday diet. Here are some of the benefits of eating veggies and fruits according to their color:
- Red – They come in quite handy in protecting the heart and the rest of the circulatory system. The antioxidants in red veggies and fruits can lessen your risks for cardiovascular problems like hypertension and atherosclerosis.
- Orange and Yellow – These types of fruits and veggies contain plenty of nutrients that protect your eyes and the nervous system. They also work wonders on your skin, bones, and teeth.
- Green – Leafy veggies and green fruits have potent ingredients that fight off cancer and AMD or age-related macular degeneration. These are also rich in folic acid, an essential nutrient especially for expecting women.
- Blue and purple – Blue and purple fresh produce help promote healthy aging and improve memory retention. They also protect against urinary tract infections and digestive diseases. Some blue and purple fruits and veggies also work well in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Seeds are probably among the most common food items you see when searching for a “healthy food grocery list.” That’s because seeds offer lots of benefits like lowering blood sugar, removing toxins in the body, and regulating blood cholesterol. You can conveniently incorporate them into deserts, snacks, and even main course meals.
Some of the best types of seeds you should stock in your pantry include:
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sesame seeds
#3. Cold-pressed Oils
There have been many discussions on the different types of oils in the market and which ones offer the most health benefits. According to recent studies, cold-pressed oils are your best bet if you want to get an extra dose of antioxidants. These antioxidative components help you combat free radicals, which cause several adverse effects to your body, such as cellular damage and unnatural aging of the tissues.
If you’re shopping for cold-pressed oils at the nearest grocery store, here are a few options you can try:
- Low Smoking Point Oils– These oils aren’t suited for cooking because they burn fast. You may only used them to make salad dressings or dips.
- Flaxseed oil
- Walnut oil
- High Smoking Point Oils – You can use this type for sauteing or frying food items.
- Sesame oil
- Peanut oil
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Canola oil
- Coconut oil
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below.
#4. Herbs and Spices
Even if you’re not a gourmet cook, it still pays to have a few herbs and spices in your pantry. Besides adding depths of flavors to a dish or drink, herbs and spices also provide you with a chock-full of health-promoting compounds. Here are some of the best herbs and spices you should include in your following grocery list and their essential health benefits:
- Ceylon Cinnamon – Whole Ceylon cinnamon sticks or powdered Ceylon cinnamon are a staple in cooking or baking. They also make a fine addition to warm drinks like spiced pumpkin lattes. Studies show that it aids the body in regulating sugar levels in the blood. Other studies note that it increases antioxidant enzyme activity and boosts immune health.
- Tumeric – If you love Indian curry, you most likely have turmeric powder or root in your kitchen. It’s a good ingredient for making tea, warm broth, or sweet potato fries. Experts say that turmeric helps curb inflammation and pain from arthritis.
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the most basic cooking ingredients in a kitchen. You can use it when making toasts or sauteing meat and veggies. It is also widely studied for its ability to lower blood pressure and serum cholesterol.
- Rosemary – This minty herb isn’t just well known for the unique flavor it adds to steak or focaccia bread. In the health and fitness community, it’s also prized for its antioxidative mechanisms and anti-inflammatory response in patients with Alzheimer’s.
#5. Nuts and Legumes
If you’re on a plant-based diet or if you love Mediterranean cuisine, you likely include nuts and legumes into your usual meals. When eaten in the right proportions, both nuts and legumes can provide you with enough calories and proteins. You can add them to your favorite meals or substitute them for your usual go-to processed or red meats. There is a ton of options to choose from, including:
- Kidney beans
- Black beans
- Macadamia nuts
#6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is also a widely studied kitchen ingredient. While you often see it included in marinade mixes or smokey barbecue sauces, some folks take diluted ACV every day to reduce risks for health problems like diabetes and obesity. Some also use it to enhance their digestive function. Additionally, several studies look into the possible use of ACV in lowering systolic blood pressure.
When looking for apple cider vinegar at your local store, opt for products that contain lesser amounts of added sugars, food coloring, and preservatives. Experts also suggest picking raw and organic ACV packed in glass bottles.
#7. Greek Yoghurt
Love frozen treats or smoothies with Bone Broth Protein with Collagen Peptides? If you do, then you should definitely shop for Greek Yoghurt. When combined with your favorite superfood powder, you end up with a fluffy and rich desert-style meal. You also get to enjoy the top-notch benefits that Greek Yoghurt offers, such as:
- Get your healthy dose of protein, probiotics, iodine, and protein in one serving
- Reduce your usual cravings but still have enough energy to last for a few hours
- Take good care of your gut and fight off harmful bacteria in the digestive tract
- Slowly increase your muscle mass, especially during training
- Reduce your risk for developing degenerative health problems like osteoporosis
#8. Food Supplements from Warrior Strong Wellness
Understandably, sometimes it’s hard to get all the nutritious food in one run. Sometimes they aren’t in season, and their prices get too high. Thankfully, vitamin-rich food supplements offer the same benefits with lesser calories.
For example, you can try the Warrior Strong Wellness Boost Your Immunity bundle. It consists of the Organic Superfood Greens Powder, Ashwagandha capsules, and Bone Broth Protein with Collagen Peptides.
It’s the ultimate food supplement combo that can provide you with several health benefits. Here is an overview of the incredible health perks you can get from the Boost Your Immunity package:
- Reduced body inflammation
- Boost your body’s ability to fight illnesses
- Get rid of illness-causing toxins in your body
- Better protection against bone, joint, and muscle damage
- Healthier and younger-looking skin
- Longer and stronger hair and nails
Start your journey towards seeking a healthier life with the eight health-boosting ingredients we enumerated above. Also, don’t forget to join our email newsletter and receive exclusive promos on our products, such as the Bone Broth Protein with Collagen Peptides.
So there you have it, our 8 health-boosting must-haves in the kitchen. We hope you continue to live happy and healthy with Warrior Strong Wellness!
Join WSL365 Academy: “How to Strengthen Your Inner Warrior,
Squash Self-Sabotage, Love Your Body and Live the Life of Your Wellness Dreams”