To understand what collagen powder is, we have to begin by answering the question: what is collagen? In short, this is a protein that is commonly found in the body. In fact, collagen is extremely prolific in the skin. That explains why you always see collagen in health and beauty products. It is something that naturally occurs in the human body, but that the body produces less of as we age.
Without getting too scientific, proteins are made up of amino acids, and collagen is a particularly complex chain. It is incredibly strong, and it is necessary for many of the processes that go on in the body. Here are a few examples:
- Cellular reproduction – When cells divide, you want them to be healthy. Collagen can help promote this process.
- Joint health – The joints need a lot of collagen in order to move smoothly and maintain the proper amount of cartilage. Almost all connective tissue is made up of collagen.
- Skin elasticity – When skin loses its elasticity, you start to get fine lines and wrinkles. It is no wonder that collagen is popular in anti-aging products. Collagen makes up about 70% of your skin (as well as your hair and nails).
- Gut health – Collagen is actually used to heal leaky gut because it can restore the lining of the digestive tract. This can also lead to better absorption.
Why Collagen Powder Is Important
If so much of our body is made up of collagen, then why do you need to add more? Sadly, once we hit about age 25, our body begins to use collagen at a faster rate than it can produce it. While this is true of everyone, there are also certain lifestyles that speed up this collagen loss in the body. For example, poor sleep, a sugar-heavy diet, high-stress hormone levels, injuries, sitting for long periods of time, certain vitamin deficiencies, and exposing your skin to too much sun. Free radicals can also affect collagen levels, so you want to get enough antioxidants and avoid things like cigarettes.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
Between the body’s gradual loss of overall collagen and things you may have done throughout your life to increase this deficit, it may be time to start supplementing with collagen powder.
The Properties of Collagen Powder
One of the nice things about collagen powder is that it is soluble in liquids. Once collagen is heated up, it turns into gelatin. You are probably familiar with this common ingredient in snacks like Jell-O. But before you run out and by some Jell-O snacks to get your collagen, remember that the properties change when it is heated and that sugary foods will reduce collagen in the body. The reason why we mention Jell-O is, if you have ever made it, you know the water has to be hot. Otherwise, the gelatin clumps instead of dissolving. However, collagen is different. Having never been heated, it will dissolve in both hot and cold liquids. So that increases the number of ways you can use your collagen powder.
How to Use Collagen Powder
There are tons of creative ways to add collagen powder to your diet without having to go out of your way. Here are a few examples:
- Water – There’s no real flavor, so you can just stir your collagen into a glass of water and drink it.
- Coffee – If you have a morning cup of coffee anyway, you can stir your collagen powder in and enjoy it while you read the paper, or take it to go in your favorite travel mug.
- Smoothies – If you enjoy smoothies, don’t forget to throw some collagen powder in the blender to get a healthy boost.
- Bake with it – You can add collagen powder to pancakes, cookies, and other baked goods. Just remember not to go crazy with the sugar and undo the benefits.
- Breakfast – Stir it into your milk and add it to your cereal. You can also put it in your morning oatmeal. Remember that it will dissolve whether your liquids are hot or cold.
- After workout – Remember that collagen is protein, and it is one your body uses anyway. So don’t be afraid to put collagen in your protein shake.
Pure and Potent Collagen Powder
If you are ready to enjoy the many benefits of collagen powder, then Warrior Strong Wellness is proud to introduce you to our Pure Hydrolyzed Multi-Collagen Protein Powder. The collagen protein in our pure and potent supplement comes from grass-fed animals and wild fish, so you get five different types of collagen, all of which contribute to the overall benefits of the product.
You will get a great boost in overall health as collagen goes to work on improving your gut health, joint health, and the health of your hair, nails, and skin. It’s the kind of health you can feel and others can see. It’s like turning back the clock to when your body produced enough collagen to keep up with what it needed from day to day.
You get all of these benefits and more! Plus, you can feel good about helping another special cause we feel strongly about at Warrior Strong Wellness – the health of children. That’s why part of our profits go to childhood cancer research. So go ahead! Get the pure source of collagen protein your body needs and feel good about doing more for the community at the same time.
Work with Mary 1 on 1 by signing up for her live video conference lifestyle coaching,
or join Warrior Strong Lifestyle 365 for a self-paced online coaching academy.