The body knows what it needs more than you do. That is the foundation behind the concept of intuitive eating. By listening to your body, you can eat the right foods without the need for an overly restrictive diet or calorie counting. We’re going to tell you more about what intuitive eating is, how it works, and why it’s a good idea. Then we will introduce you to the perfect bone broth protein with collagen peptides supplement to add to your new intuitive diet.
What Is Intuitive Eating?
We have already introduced this new trend a little bit. The main idea is listening to your body to control your diet. However, it is not just eating what your mouth says tastes good. This diet is about letting your body tell you what you should eat, when you should be eating, and how much you should eat. That means learning your body’s tells or cues.
Don’t mistake intuitive eating for the latest weight loss dieting fad. This isn’t a diet designed to shed pounds, although that may happen. The purpose is overall physical and emotional well-being. This is a holistic diet.
Instead of labeling some foods good and some foods bad, intuitive eating allows you to enjoy meals and snacks. One key concept is to eat consistently throughout the day – every three to four hours – rather than three big meals.
How Does Intuitive Eating Work?
According to the intuitive eating website, there are ten core principles of intuitive eating. We’re not going to go over all of them, but here are a few of the highlights. They will help you to understand what it means to look for cues from your body about what, when, and how to eat.
To learn more about keeping your mind and body healthy grab our free e-book Embracing Peace on Your Journey to Wellness by clicking the image below
- Honor your hunger – Starvation diets lead to overindulgence and rebound weight gain. You have to let yourself eat some carbs throughout the day if you are going to keep hunger at bay and resist the urge to sit down in front of the TV with a bag of chips after a day of salads.
- Feel your fullness – Listen to your body to know when to stop eating. Sometimes, it may just mean slowing down and pausing during a meal to see if you are still eating because you need more food or simply because you are enjoying it. Staying hydrated is crucial because you may be misinterpreting thirst as hunger.
- Respect your body – Not everyone’s the same shape and size. If you love yourself the way you are, you don’t have to use food to control your appearance. Your physical and mental health are more important than what you look like. Plus, people look their best when they are healthy.
- Honor your health – How you feel and how your food tastes need to work together. Don’t eat things that make you feel bad just because they taste good. But don’t force yourself to eat entire meals you hate just because someone says it is healthy. If you remain consistent, you will eventually enjoy more foods that your body needs and break away from eating the junk that is hurting you.
What Are the Benefits of Intuitive Eating?
Many benefits come from adopting this system of eating. Here are a few possible upsides to intuitive eating.
- Confidence – People are often anxious about starting a new diet. You don’t know what to eat. You always have to check labels. Shopping becomes just as much of a nightmare as meal prep and trying to choke down your least favorite foods. Intuitive eating is much simpler. Anyone can do it right from day one, and you can improve consistently from there.
- Lifestyle – Intuitive eating is less of a diet and more of a lifestyle change. Eating every few hours, having things you enjoy, and paying attention to your body are easy to do. When a lifestyle change is something we enjoy, it is easier to stick to.
- Personalization – You are paying attention to your own body. If you discover a sensitivity, you know to avoid it. You learn to identify when you’ve had enough, so you know not to have another serving, even if everyone else at the table is doing it.
- Holistic Health – Feeling better, both physically and emotionally, is something that is tough to find in a diet. That is because people usually focus on weight when they eat. That’s not to say you can’t lose weight on an intuitive diet. You certainly can. It’s just not the focal point. So you can start feeling good about your eating habits from day one, rather than having to wait for the scale to tell you that you are eating healthier.
Bone Broth Protein with Collagen Peptides Supplement to Add to Your Intuitive Diet
If you want to feel full and help your body to heal, a bone broth protein with collagen peptides supplement can help. The peptides are easy for the body to absorb and use. It’s really a protein superfood that is good for whole-body health. Warrior Strong Wellness is proud to offer our Collagen Peptides & Bone Broth. It is both gluten free and non-GMO, so you can get the protein you need and listen to your body if it tells you that GMOs or gluten are not working for you.
From your hair and nails to skin and joints, your body will be happy to have collagen types one, two, and three from pasture-raised sources. Order yours today and get a 10% discount with a monthly or every other month subscription.